Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Computer Games for Kids!

We have all seen the Leap Frog system and the video games that companies market to kids. The parents get pushed into buying what ever the kids want.

Flashback!
I remember as a child that I wanted this cool leapfrog toy, but, once I got past the whole educational aspect of it, I got bored. The whole marketing was the fact that this toy could be twisted to spell world. But it was really just a scene to get the kids to badger their parent to getting it.

I went to this website to help find a cure!
http://funschool.kaboose.com/formula-fusion/number-fun/games/game_cannon_math.html



This site has beautifully made games that kids can play at home. The children have a huge variety of things they can play. The game I played (cannon math) was math related and basically the child has to figure out how much force it needs to shoot the girl out of the cannon to land on the best answer. Though I think shooting the child out of a conon is inhumane, the game helps keep the kids busy without any of the gory stuff that the child might have in a video game. The best part about this site is that parents dont have to pay money to buy their kids new toys they wont use. If they dont like the game, they can move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment